Budget Vote: May 21, 2013 at BCHS, 7 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Kindergarten registration will soon be wrapping up!
2012-13 Events Calendar
New to the district?
If you have a child aged 0-4, we may need your child's information for long term planning.
Why are the flags at half-staff?
Employee HazCom Online Training
Free and Reduced Price Meals Program
BC@Home Support and Help Resources
Academics at BC
Well-known throughout the Capital Region for its exemplary and innovative educational programs, BC is dedicated to preparing students to meet the demands of a Regents diploma, and much more, on their way to successful careers and rewarding lives.
Bethlehem Central offers a K-12 program designed to promote the academic and personal development of all students. In our schools, students can take advantage of:
• Unique, locally developed courses such as digital electronics, science research, and ecology and field biology
• About a dozen Advanced Placement courses available to High School students each year
• The EXCEL program, an interdisciplinary program that uses team teaching to meet the needs of students who benefit from smaller classes and an emphasis on skill development
• Early Learning Focus, an array of prevention and early intervention programs to help our youngest students stay on track for success
• A house plan and team structure at the Middle School that makes a large school feel smaller
• Strong support for the arts, with art instruction and music classes and lessons beginning in the elementary grades
• BCHS’ Lab School, a "school-within-a-school" that focuses on interdisciplinary instruction, teamwork, and a project-based curriculum to provide an alternative high school experience for students
• Second language instruction beginning in grade 6
• Accelerated math courses available to students from the intermediate grades on
• Vocational and career education opportunities provided by the district and BOCES
• A new High School Virtual Arts Center that combines writing, technology, and graphic design courses to create a state-of-the-art studio right in our High School
• Academic Intervention Services in major subjects, providing extra instruction to students who need it
• A three-season interscholastic athletic program offering students opportunities to compete in more than 20 sports
• Nature’s Classroom, an outdoor experiential program for elementary students
• Dozens of extracurricular clubs and activities, ranging from a literary magazine and several theater groups to Student Senate and Peer Helpers